HAPPY Friday friends!! I'm extra happy on this Friday because my brother is getting married TODAY!
And, in doing some research for his wedding where I was looking for a geometric card holder (I ended up with this one!) I noticed a geometric trend in something else... terrariums! I began scouring through Etsy and my other favorite sites and realized that these glass planters come in all shapes, colors, finishes and sizes and I wanted every single one.
These beautiful little houses are perfect for watching your mini-gardens grow, and the best part is you don't need a green thumb since very low-maintenance plants thrive in terrariums. So the hardest part about growing one will be picking out which terrarium you like best. Don't they also make beautiful gifts? For housewarming, hostess or a simple thank you - these may be my new go-to!
Once you decide which one to get here are a few tips and some of my favorite terrarium plants to help get you started:
- Mix and match different heights, textures and leaf shapes to give your terrarium dimension and variety.
- Don't forget to add some color! African Violets are perfect for adding that pop of purple
- Add Moss- Irish Moss makes the perfect base for your terrarium
- Cactus, Button Fern, Pilea and Spiderwort all make perfect terrarium tenants
- Air Plants! These little wonders, as seen in the first picture up top grow and thrive without soil. They fit perfectly in the hanging planters and make a statement alone in these glass terrariums
Happy weekend and happy growing!
FROM TOP LEFT CLOCKWISE: Geometric Octagon Plant Holder || Himmeli Hanging Planter || Metalwork Hurricanes || Large Geometric Glass Terrarium || Geometric Hanging Plant Holder (set of 3) || Geometric Terrarium Pod